Blocked seats

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

TC_NYC

Train Attendant
AU Supporter
Has Amtrak stated how long they are going to be blocking seats for? I have a trip coming up in June on the Acela in F with my wife and wanted to snag a single seat with a table in between us, but they're still blocking one side of the table. I have myself in a single seat and my wife at the table, but I wish we could reserve both sides of the table.

Mailliw

Lead Service Attendant
I'm having a similar problem. I'm going to North Carolina with my parents on the Carolinian in June; we're traveling Business Class, but Amtrak won't let me sit more than 1 person at a four top.

Bob Dylan

Conductor
I'm having a similar problem. I'm going to North Carolina with my parents on the Carolinian in June; we're traveling Business Class, but Amtrak won't let me sit more than 1 person at a four top.
Havent they announced they're going back to 100% towards the end of May?( Cant remember the exact Date)

Sidney

Lead Service Attendant
May 23rd according to their website. It would be great if they would still give single travelers two seats to themselves.

Cal

Conductor
And if you are travelling together, don't they let you sit together? They do that on the LD trains...

Sidney

Lead Service Attendant
Of course people traveling together can sit next to each other. That's always been in place.

Sidney

Lead Service Attendant
When booking seats click on "seat availibility". It gives you the percentage of how full the train is.

tomfuller

OBS Chief
But when you bring up a train in June and display coach options, it still says "No middle seats". Probably just an oversight on the web programming.
Amtrak always has been "No middle seats". This is to inform people who normally ride on airplanes that they won't be stuck in a 'B' seat with someone on each side. Aren't they letting husband/wife or people traveling together to sit beside each other in the dining car? If I was traveling in coach with my wife overnight, I would prefer to have 2 seats across the aisle from me rather than being shoulder to shoulder.

Reactions: Cal

joelkfla

Lead Service Attendant
Amtrak always has been "No middle seats". This is to inform people who normally ride on airplanes that they won't be stuck in a 'B' seat with someone on each side. Aren't they letting husband/wife or people traveling together to sit beside each other in the dining car? If I was traveling in coach with my wife overnight, I would prefer to have 2 seats across the aisle from me rather than being shoulder to shoulder.
Right -- I wasn't visualizing clearly :oops:

Qapla

Conductor
If the bolts are spaced equally, they could always remove one of the two seats and move the other on to the "center" of where the two seats were. That would make a little more space between the seat and the window and leave more room to walk down the aisle 🤣