Blue Conductor / Attendant uniforms

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last weekend on #59 the City of New Orleans, the Chicago to Carbondale conductors both had dark, TSA-blue uniform shirts. The female conductor had just the blue shirt with no tie, while the male conductor had the blue shirt, tie (IIRC), vest, and jacket. The coach attendant also had a blue uniform shirt.

Returning on #58 the next day, the conductors were wearing their usual white shirts and the coach attendant had a blue shirt. Has anyone else seen this before or know if this is a permanent change?

Last weekend on #59 the City of New Orleans, the Chicago to Carbondale conductors both had dark, TSA-blue uniform shirts. The female conductor had just the blue shirt with no tie, while the male conductor had the blue shirt, tie (IIRC), vest, and jacket. The coach attendant also had a blue uniform shirt.

Returning on #58 the next day, the conductors were wearing their usual white shirts and the coach attendant had a blue shirt. Has anyone else seen this before or know if this is a permanent change?
I too noticed the new coach attendant uniforms back in late December on my JAX>ORL SM roundtrip. They are pleasant to look at. I specifically asked the attendant when the uniform change took place and she said sometime in November. You would think this is a permanent change.

Last edited by a moderator:
On the SWC from CHI-LAX on 1/9 I asked Jeff, LSA about a SA in the diner wearing the blue shirt and I got the impression from him that this is the new shirt for them. Jeff hadn't gotten his yet so was wearing the white shirt.

NAVYBLUE

It's either or, the white shirt or the new blue shirt. Both are current approved attire. The new blue shirts started showing up in mid - late November.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back