Blue water time change in June 2009

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have received information on a time change for the Blue water which could go into effect at the end of June 2009.The change would be 1hr in each direction plus the crew base in Port Huron Michigan would be shutdown and crews would work out of Battle Creek Michigan.

You would have 1 crew run from Battle Creek to Chicago on 365 and they would return on 364.

Then you would have 1 crew run from Battle Creek to Port Huron on 364 and return on 365.

The date i was given for this was around June 24th 2009

The concern i have is the Blue water and Pere Marquette are only funded until the end of June 2009 plus Amtrak is already 4 conductors short in Michigan plus at the same time this change is suppose to happen 3-4 Asst Conductors out of Michigan are being sent back to school to be promoted to Conductors.

My feeling why there shutting Port Huron down as a crew base is Amtrak thinks that the state does not have the money to fund the 2 state supported trains. and Amtrak does not want to pay C2 pay to crews out of Port Huron.

Plus as we know the Michigan Senate on June 10th voted to cut $2 million out of Amtrak's budget for FY2010.

Please contact Amtrak and your senator's.

Matt Marderosian

Director of Save Our Trains Michigan

I have received information on a time change for the Blue water which could go into effect at the end of June 2009.The change would be 1hr in each direction plus the crew base in Port Huron Michigan would be shutdown and crews would work out of Battle Creek Michigan.
You would have 1 crew run from Battle Creek to Chicago on 365 and they would return on 364.

Then you would have 1 crew run from Battle Creek to Port Huron on 364 and return on 365.

The date i was given for this was around June 24th 2009

The concern i have is the Blue water and Pere Marquette are only funded until the end of June 2009 plus Amtrak is already 4 conductors short in Michigan plus at the same time this change is suppose to happen 3-4 Asst Conductors out of Michigan are being sent back to school to be promoted to Conductors.

My feeling why there shutting Port Huron down as a crew base is Amtrak thinks that the state does not have the money to fund the 2 state supported trains. and Amtrak does not want to pay C2 pay to crews out of Port Huron.

Plus as we know the Michigan Senate on June 10th voted to cut $2 million out of Amtrak's budget for FY2010.

Please contact Amtrak and your senator's.

Matt Marderosian

Director of Save Our Trains Michigan

Wait. If your the director of "Save Our Trains Michigan", why does it say you live in Louisiana? Anyhow this isn't really good at all. One less state being served by Amtrak.

cpamtfan-Peter

Wait. If your the director of "Save Our Trains Michigan", why does it say you live in Louisiana? Anyhow this isn't really good at all. One less state being served by Amtrak.
This poster has a checkered history with this board. At one point several years back he was a frequent poster, but then spread out to only a handful of posts a year. As I recall, he was a shrill, the "sky is falling" type who purported to have inside information, but turned out to gather at least some of his information from blogs or other questionable sources. His group was only comprised of several members and he eventually faded away.

This poster has a checkered history with this board. At one point several years back he was a frequent poster, but then spread out to only a handful of posts a year. As I recall, he was a shrill, the "sky is falling" type who purported to have inside information, but turned out to gather at least some of his information from blogs or other questionable sources. His group was only comprised of several members and he eventually faded away.
We have never faded away we have been very active at keeping the Michigan trains running for the last 2 yrs the funding wasn't a problem in Michigan so there was no reason to act on anything now everything is going down hill very fast since the Michigan Senate voted to remove $2million from the 2010FY budget which begins on Oct 1st 2009.

The reason why i live in La is i work for BNSF Railway i am still very active in Amtrak issues in Michigan and the National System i have many connections to where i get my information from both Amtrak and the State Of Michigan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back