Blue Water Train not staying on time

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
BNSF,

You or another member of this forum made this call a while back before service even started. If I recall whoever made the statement said something to the effect of the freight traffic in the Flint area at that time of day is usually pretty thick and could cause Amtrak to run late. I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

I wonder how much business Amtrak will receive to and from Port Huron. Port Huron is not that big of a city and their really isn't any large pockets of population in that area. I would imagine that more then 80% of riders will be getting on and off at Flint (tri-cities) and East Lansing (MSU). I would be currious if Amtrak may someday make Flint the end of the line for this train.

I also noticed that Business Class has returned to this train. The last time I rode this train was in the summer of 1995 from East Lansing to Toronto R/T on the International. We rode Business Class then, but Amtrak removed it shortly after if I remember correctly.

amtrakmichigan said:
BNSF,
You or another member of this forum made this call a while back before service even started. If I recall whoever made the statement said something to the effect of the freight traffic in the Flint area at that time of day is usually pretty thick and could cause Amtrak to run late. I hope this issue can be resolved soon.

I wonder how much business Amtrak will receive to and from Port Huron. Port Huron is not that big of a city and their really isn't any large pockets of population in that area. I would imagine that more then 80% of riders will be getting on and off at Flint (tri-cities) and East Lansing (MSU). I would be currious if Amtrak may someday make Flint the end of the line for this train.

I also noticed that Business Class has returned to this train. The last time I rode this train was in the summer of 1995 from East Lansing to Toronto R/T on the International. We rode Business Class then, but Amtrak removed it shortly after if I remember correctly.
Thats right i was the one that said that freight delays would occur between PTH and Flint and thats what is going on.Ridership is down but it is a little early to tell but the prob we have is that the OTP is bad and M-DOT said this train would run on time more it hasn't.Also remember that tehy added an extra 34 min of padding between PTH and CHI which the International didn't have this is not good at all with all the people in Michigan that wan't to do away with Amtrak for FY 2005. :angry:

Here is what is going on CN put out a GBO after the Blue Water train hit the car.Which states that Amtrak has to be prepared to stop and flag all Grade crossings BUT FREIGHT TRANS DON"T HAVE TO.this is delaying the Blue Water by an hour or more this also affects the DET to CHI Trains around BTL there getting delayed to by this GBO.

I think right now Amtrak is more worried about making sure the LNS station is open as advertised. As predicted, relief workers are in short supply so when the regular agent takes a day off the station may or may not be open. From what I heard the state is not very happy over this development. :rolleyes:

Guest said:
I think right now Amtrak is more worried about making sure the LNS station is open as advertised. As predicted, relief workers are in short supply so when the regular agent takes a day off the station may or may not be open. From what I heard the state is not very happy over this development. :rolleyes:
yep and that issue has been taken care of it shouldnt happen again.

BNSF_1088 said:
This train is still running 1hr or more late in each direction i get daily reports on the times and it is bad. :angry:
This could kill the funding for the Blue Water and Pere Marquette train for FY 2005 there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the State funding for Amtrak in Michigan.With this train not running on time is not helping at all.

BNSF_1088 said:
BNSF_1088 said:
This train is still running 1hr or more late in each direction i get daily reports on the times and it is bad. :angry:
This could kill the funding for the Blue Water and Pere Marquette train for FY 2005 there is a lot of talk about getting rid of the State funding for Amtrak in Michigan.With this train not running on time is not helping at all.
:( :angry: I still cant believe MDOT knowingly knew the train was going to loose ridership not gain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back