Boarding Coach from Chicago Metroplitan Lounge

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In a few weeks I will be taking the Capitol Limited to Chicago in a roomette and then the Builder to MSP in coach. If past policy is still current, I am permitted to use the Metroplitan Lounge until my train departs. But the question is, logistically how do they handle boarding coach from the lounge? Do I follow the sleeper passengers when they board and find my way to proper coach? I have never boarded a coach on a long distance train out of Chicago but if it's anything like the corridor trains, it is likely chaotic. Is there still a seasonal coach between CI and MSP or has that been pulled as well? Thank you for any insight.

The only times I've arrived in a roomette and departed in coach was making Hiawatha connections to Milwaukee. The graciously announced the track number ahead of time, so I was one of the first in line at the gate.

As for outbound LD trains, from what I've seen in perhaps 15+ times in the new lounge was once they verify that you are allowed to be there, they never check your ticket or anything else for departing trains. They simply tell everyone for train xx to line up in the hallway and someone leads the crowd to the train. The same has been true for me at NYP and WAS when I've arrived in a roomette and NEC regional to Springfield MA. NYP always announced the regionals. WAS...never...just watch the monitor and go.

In a few weeks I will be taking the Capitol Limited to Chicago in a roomette and then the Builder to MSP in coach. If past policy is still current, I am permitted to use the Metroplitan Lounge until my train departs. But the question is, logistically how do they handle boarding coach from the lounge? Do I follow the sleeper passengers when they board and find my way to proper coach? I have never boarded a coach on a long distance train out of Chicago but if it's anything like the corridor trains, it is likely chaotic. Is there still a seasonal coach between CI and MSP or has that been pulled as well? Thank you for any insight.
Yes I would just follow the crowd to the train.

Back