Boarding SWC in LA?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We came into Union Station on the SWC a few days ago and will be getting the SWC to Chicago tomorrow. I've heard that there's no metro lounge for sleeper passengers at LAUS. It's a long walk to the gate we came in on (12) and the waiting room was crowded with hard to hear announcements. I didn't see any sign of redcaps. I don't want to miss this train or have to run to a gate. How do they handle departures for sleeper passengers? I'm spoiled by Chicago's metro lounge where they board 30 min early.

Thanks for any advice!

MJ

LA has Redcap so you can certainly get one if you like. In LA, the Redcaps all have golf carts, so they'll run you right out to the train, no walking required except from your seat in the waiting room to the cart and from the cart onto the train.

If you choose not to get a Redcap, you'll notice that a huge line will form for the train, there's actually 2 lines one for coach & one for sleeper pax. So when you see that line, it's time to get up and go.

When I was there recently waiting for the SWC, the golf carts and those waiting for them were assembling in an area of the waiting room. The best way to describe the location is to come in the front door, go through the main waiting area (Traxx on the right) to just before the entrance to the gates, Then turn left toward the baggage room (opposite direction from the ticket counters)..

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was there recently waiting for the SWC, the golf carts and those waiting for them were assembling in an area of the waiting room. The best way to describe the location is to come in the front door, go through the main waiting area (Traxx on the right) to just before the entrance to the gates, Then turn left toward the baggage room (opposite direction from the ticket counters)..
Aloha

This is the area Paul is describing. But if facing this Area, unless recently changed, the Traxx lounge is on the left.

509686579_fMDyn-M-1.jpg

Sorry it is darl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back