Boarding train at South Station (BOS) instead of Back Bay

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John

Quick question -- my partner and I booked tickets from Boston (Back Bay) to NYC for this weekend. I forgot that the train originates at South Station. Even though it's further away, we'd rather book at South Station, as we have a better shot at getting seats together. Obviously, it's too late to modify the tickets, as the price will increase substantively. The question, then, is this -- are we allowed to board at South Station, even though it's technically before Back Bay? I'm pretty sure they are the same price anyway, but I just want to make sure.

Also, if we end up having to board at Back Bay, will we be able to find seats together? Our train is ~9:30am on a weekday.

Quick question -- my partner and I booked tickets from Boston (Back Bay) to NYC for this weekend. I forgot that the train originates at South Station. Even though it's further away, we'd rather book at South Station, as we have a better shot at getting seats together. Obviously, it's too late to modify the tickets, as the price will increase substantively. The question, then, is this -- are we allowed to board at South Station, even though it's technically before Back Bay? I'm pretty sure they are the same price anyway, but I just want to make sure.

Also, if we end up having to board at Back Bay, will we be able to find seats together? Our train is ~9:30am on a weekday.
It's the same price to board to board at BBY and BOS. So yes, you are fine to board at South Station with the tickets you have. In fact, the conductor will not have even collected your tickets by then, so he/she won't even know the difference. I don't ride the corridor that often so I'm not sure what the crowds are like. I think the chances are good though, that you'd still find seats together, even out of Back Bay.

They don't collect ANY tickets until after the train departs BBY, so yes, feel free to go ahead and board at BOS. Have fun! Personally, I would definitely try to board at BOS if you are able rather than waiting until BBY if traveling with someone else.

Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies. We're definitely going to board at BOS and won't make that mistake in the future. Your help is much appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back