Bomb Scare on the Sunset

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saxman

Engineer
AU Supporting Member
Gathering Team Member
So I just arrived on the Coast Starlight about 2 hours late in LAX. Luckily they had coach problems for #2 so I would make the connection. The consist pulled in at about 11:45 pm. We were all boarded and ready to go by 12:30 so I fell asleep. Turns out we did not leave until 2:15 am because some crazy guy made a bomb threat or joked about it. It took the LAPD another two hours to arrest him and search the train with dogs. Luckily no one was made to get off. I just arrived in Houston today, 5/28, 5:56 pm 7 hours late! If it wasn't for that we would be pretty close to on time because we only stoped once for 4 freighters to pass. Then some other various time for freight, but those times weren't more than 15-20 mins each.

saxman66 said:
So I just arrived on the Coast Starlight about 2 hours late in LAX. Luckily they had coach problems for #2 so I would make the connection. The consist pulled in at about 11:45 pm. We were all boarded and ready to go by 12:30 so I fell asleep. Turns out we did not leave until 2:15 am because some crazy guy made a bomb threat or joked about it. It took the LAPD another two hours to arrest him and search the train with dogs. Luckily no one was made to get off. I just arrived in Houston today, 5/28, 5:56 pm 7 hours late! If it wasn't for that we would be pretty close to on time because we only stoped once for 4 freighters to pass. Then some other various time for freight, but those times weren't more than 15-20 mins each.
:angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back