Bonus Points from Chase

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kal-tex

Train Attendant
Several months ago Chase promised triple points for grocery purchases and restaurant purchases. Although we have exceeded the minimum dollar amount every month, we have received no bonus points. Has anyone seen any bonuses?

Several months ago Chase promised triple points for grocery purchases and restaurant purchases. Although we have exceeded the minimum dollar amount every month, we have received no bonus points. Has anyone seen any bonuses?
I'm pretty sure I have.

On my November 27th statement, the "Points transferred to Amtrak" was 2833 points more than the "Points earned on other purchases." There was no explanation of what the extra points were, but I assume it is the triple points promo. I had a similar promo from Chase a couple of years ago, and the extra miles (in that case) were also not well documented, but I did get them (and about 5000 extra, as I calculated it.)

Look at your next statement and see if there is an unexplained difference between the points to Amtrak and the points earned.

Since I do not ordinarily use my AGR Chase for gas & restaurants, I don't keep track of how much was spent on those particular items. In Nov & Dec, I received 102 & 100 extra points listed as "Chase MasterCard World Card - Other Earning" So I've received some bonus points. You may want to contact AGR and/or Chase.

Since I do not ordinarily use my AGR Chase for gas & restaurants, I don't keep track of how much was spent on those particular items. In Nov & Dec, I received 102 & 100 extra points listed as "Chase MasterCard World Card - Other Earning" So I've received some bonus points. You may want to contact AGR and/or Chase.
:eek: But, as the_traveler always says you should use it for everything you can! Lots of us do, I have four cards but only use the AGR MC, but of course Im retired so dont have business travel or affinity programs. Just using it for stuff youd spend anyway gets you to Free AGR Award trips faster and Longer! ;)

:eek: But, as the_traveler always says you should use it for everything you can! Lots of us do, I have four cards but only use the AGR MC, but of course Im retired so dont have business travel or affinity programs. Just using it for stuff youd spend anyway gets you to Free AGR Award trips faster and Longer! ;)
Oh, but I do use it for lots of things - mainly monthly bills, Amtrak & AGR shopping mall. Which is how I just redeemed two 2 zone bedroom awards! (OK, I bought points too)

Is this just the AGR Chase or does it include the CO Chase?
I don't have the CO Chase, but I do have the United Mileage Plus Chase, and that is how it worked with the UA card. I had a similar triple points promo with the UA card, saw nothing for several billing cycles, then an extra 10,000 miles (exactly) showed up. It more than covered what I was owed, so I was a happy camper.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like Jim, I use mine to build up points now that I know it doesn't take long to get a real freebie. Mine have been trickling in and I suspect it's from purchases other than Amtrak. I finally got the points from the AU gathering and they were doubled. A phone call might help you to get straight on where your points are coming from and what you are due. It's real easy to lose track of what you have coming your way ! :)

Yes, I received around 800 extra points on my November billing which I assume are from the restaurant/grocery purchases deal. Did not really look to see how they figured it up but glad to see any extra points we can get :)

And when I paid for the damages to my car from the deer accident last month that $3600 went toward AGR points as well. Thanks to Mr. Deer and my auto insurance :giggle:

Around the end of November I received around 1400 extra points which I assume was my October bonus points. I am guessing they are a month behind.

Bill J

Back