Booking the Toledo Shuffle

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Train2104

OBS Chief
How do I go about doing this? Note that I will be doing NYP-TOL, the other person in my westward redemption will be doing MTR-SDY-TOL. I've heard that I can do it through the AGR agent, but given that there's 3 PNR's here and not 2, I don't want the agent to get even more confused.

I'm riding coach to TOL, not a sleeper mainly because that adds another level of complexity with an open sleeper ticket.

Side question: would you say the Adirondack is reliable enough for this connection? Looking at ASMAD I notice 3 missed connections since May...but with my luck it'll happen, and if it does, everything just falls apart...might be a better idea for the other person to catch an early morning flight into NYC.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'd have to call them and talk them through it. That's the only way to redeem sleepers with AGR anyways.
If the paid part were coach tickets, I could just call for the redemption and then book the paid part online. The question is if booking the two together through the AGR agent has any benefits.

You'd have to call them and talk them through it. That's the only way to redeem sleepers with AGR anyways.
If the paid part were coach tickets, I could just call for the redemption and then book the paid part online. The question is if booking the two together through the AGR agent has any benefits.
AGR Agents can do AGR Award trips and Paid tickets also. Regular Amtrak Agents can't.
As Tyler said, just call and they'll fix you up! Nice trip!

AGR agents call also change travel dates for already-paid Amtrak tickets. Very nice!

So I ended up booking it online for the discount, then telling the AGR agent about it over the phone - turns out he didn't have to put a note about it on either reservation, didn't even need to know the # of the paid one!

How likely is it that I'd be able to get in the room early, and if so, how early?

Back