Bought my first onboard ticket

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
Odd experience. I often ride OAC to my destination and use the H230 promo code for a 25% discount. But today was a blackout date. So I figured I'd just buy on the train with cash and see what the experience is like.

Conductor didn't seem to like it, especially since he could see I had a phone. OAC is unstaffed with no QT, So there's no penalty for buying onboard.

Is there anyway to get AGR points for this ride? I thought that it could be called in or something.

Is the on-board ticket still one of those duplicate/triplicate forms that are punched? Or have they progressed to actually printing them out?

If it's the duplicate forms you have to physically send it in I believe. The couple times I bought on board a few years ago was before I started worrying about the points and Select+ Status

Is the on-board ticket still one of those duplicate/triplicate forms that are punched? Or have they progressed to actually printing them out?
Yep. The back has solid pink areas and isn't carbonless. I was asked to produce ID. The conductor also went over what all the stuff on the receipt meant. I see a whole list of preprinted station codes, but none were punched. He just wrote the station codes down in the from/to boxes. They all seem to be station codes up and down the West Coast from SAN to SEA and VNC. Some are bus only, including YOS and SFC.

I also found the procedure for requesting points.

MISSING POINTS? WE CAN HELP.

Below are a few possible reasons why your Amtrak travel transaction didn’t automatically post to your account and what you can do about it.

You purchased your ticket on board the train.

If you purchased your ticket on board the train from the conductor, you will have to request your points by contacting the Service Center. You may either call us at 800-307-5000 or you can mail us your ticket stub and a written request to Amtrak Guest Rewards, PO BOX 14368, Philadelphia PA 19115.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back