boy jumps from train, CZ 6/22

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two hours later:

giphy.gif
Too funny!

If I had illegal weed and wanted to get rid of it, when nobody is looking, open the window or the door in the bottom of the car, and throw it out, with the most being thrown off for opening the window, rather than be arrested. That is littering, so another option is to flush it down the toilet and throw the container away.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he couldn't even wait to smoke. I take it that the smell was not of weed.

Strangely enough, I remember once in the Sightseer Lounge on the CS, I overhead a guy saying that he was coming down to Santa Barbara with some "excellent bud". He didn't seem too concerned that he might get caught. I wonder if the Amtrak Police dogs are trained to sniff out drugs.
They are.

Tom

I cannot understand why anyone would even consider hauling Pot or any other kind of Narcotics on the CZ! That train has been a notorious route for Mules and cops are well aware of it; on one of my eastbound runs, as soon as we hit Reno, 4 Undercovers hit my Sleeper and went right for a Mexican couple. It turns out they had a suitcase billowing with bundles. Another pax, the Attendant and I were right in the middle of the action and it was fun and interesting to watch the bust go down.
Your concept of "Mexican" is probably no more accurate than your assumption of what "narcotic" actually means, but it's not hard to imagine you jumping up and down with glee over a small time pot bust.
I am so glad we have the Ignore option in here :)
Maybe some day you'll learn how to use it correctly.

Strangely enough, I remember once in the Sightseer Lounge on the CS, I overhead a guy saying that he was coming down to Santa Barbara with some "excellent bud". He didn't seem too concerned that he might get caught. I wonder if the Amtrak Police dogs are trained to sniff out drugs.
They are. Tom
Are any Amtrak Police dogs trained to sniff out gift cards and currency? I understand that currency and card sniffing dogs are becoming even more lucrative for local police forces than drug sniffing dogs. Especially since traveling with arbitrary amounts of cash and gift cards has apparently become borderline illegal in the humble view of our civil asset forfeiture surveillance state.

I believe that aboard the train is Federal jurisdiction. If that is true, possessing of any amount of marijuana (even a single marijuana cigarette) is punishable by up to a year in jail and a fine of $1,000 on the first offense. I think he was right to be concerned. OTOH, pulling the cord was not very bright.

I cannot understand why anyone would even consider hauling Pot or any other kind of Narcotics on the CZ! That train has been a notorious route for Mules and cops are well aware of it; on one of my eastbound runs, as soon as we hit Reno, 4 Undercovers hit my Sleeper and went right for a Mexican couple. It turns out they had a suitcase billowing with bundles. Another pax, the Attendant and I were right in the middle of the action and it was fun and interesting to watch the bust go down.
Your concept of "Mexican" is probably no more accurate than your assumption of what "narcotic" actually means, but it's not hard to imagine you jumping up and down with glee over a small time pot bust.
I am so glad we have the Ignore option in here :)
Maybe some day you'll learn how to use it correctly.

They are. Tom
Are any Amtrak Police dogs trained to sniff out gift cards and currency? I understand that currency and card sniffing dogs are becoming even more lucrative for local police forces than drug sniffing dogs. Especially since traveling with arbitrary amounts of cash and gift cards has apparently become borderline illegal in the humble view of our civil asset forfeiture surveillance state.
I'm not sure.

Over time, I observed many occasions when the Amtrak police dogs were brought to Lorton for trials. I understand Lorton was chosen because it has a large parking area that is usually open. Several K-9 units would show up from many points on the system. About 20-30 suitcases would be placed on the ground and the dogs would be brought past the suitcases, one by one, to see what they could detect. I understand the "bait" was sometimes explosives; sometimes drugs, and I understand the dogs scored well.

As far as I know, this practice continues today.

Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back