Boy Scouts Of America UP Engine

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They should have used it to pull a trainloads of Boy Scouts and their leaders (Scouters) to the National Jamboree near Fredericksberg Va. Pretty sure UP has enough cars and/or borrow some to do that. As is I will bet over 90 per cent of those involved in Scouting have no idea this paint job exists.

They should have used it to pull a trainloads of Boy Scouts and their leaders (Scouters) to the National Jamboree near Fredericksberg Va. Pretty sure UP has enough cars and/or borrow some to do that. As is I will bet over 90 per cent of those involved in Scouting have no idea this paint job exists.
Fredericksberg, VA., is way far from any UP line. As a previous poster said, they like to keep the Heritage/special paint job locos on their own lines. A photo in a Boy Scout publication or website would get the word on the loco around to Boy Scouts. Do they still publish Boy's Life magazine? Back in the stone age, I had a subscription to Boy's Life and really enjoyed it, even though I was never a Scout.

Back