Breakfast if Boarding CZ5 in Denver?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregoryla

Service Attendant
We'll be boarding the westbound CZ 5 in Denver. Scheduled departure is 8:05 am. I assume we'll be able to have breakfast in the dining car, assuming the train arrives halfway on time. In the event that the train is running late, does anyone know how late breakfast is served in the dining car?

I took the CZ westbound from Denver last year and the train was less than an hour late. I was able to have breakfast on the train. However, I am not sure how late they serve breakfast.

Most trains seem to have a "last call" for breakfast around 9 or 9:15. And keep in mind that #5 has a 50 minute dwell time

in DEN, which means that even with an hour late train you'll likely be able to board well before the end of breakfast. Just make

sure you consult with a conductor (if in coach) before heading off to the diner or with a SCA if in a sleeper.

Yes, breakfast is served after boarding in Den. I travels this route last week. A blizzard over the Sierra as we were following the snow plow all the way. Just a reminder, the boarding at Denver is moved about an 1/8 mile northwest where the old station is now, and across the tracks. Directly across from Coors Field. Union station is closed for retro. The new temp station open Feb 4th and will be in service for a few years to come. Nice ride over the Rockies and Sierras. Have fun.

Wb

Don't mean to "hijack" this post, but a related question concerning the Denver stop / breakfast. We're actually riding from Chicago-Grand Junction, and obviously will be stopping in Denver. So the stop there in Denver is 50 minutes? We're riding in coach, so will need to purchase breakfast. Is there something else close by - even a McDonalds, where we could quickly grab a bite? I understand that we'll be in the "temp" terminal, just wondering if there are any other food options nearby other than eating on the train for breakfast.

Thanks!

Don't mean to "hijack" this post, but a related question concerning the Denver stop / breakfast. We're actually riding from Chicago-Grand Junction, and obviously will be stopping in Denver. So the stop there in Denver is 50 minutes? We're riding in coach, so will need to purchase breakfast. Is there something else close by - even a McDonalds, where we could quickly grab a bite? I understand that we'll be in the "temp" terminal, just wondering if there are any other food options nearby other than eating on the train for breakfast.

Thanks!
:hi: Im not that familiar with the area around the Temporary station and Coors Field, so perhaps a local can answer that part? I wouldn't go too far away from the train, plus you want to be sure and get a Seat in the Sightseer Lounge BEFORE the train leaves heading into the Rockies, it fills up Fast! :eek: I think that Breakfast is the Best meal on the train, you get a full Breakfast for under $10, junk food joints arent as good and and youre in the diner, :wub: not some plastic chain joint! :excl:

Thanks!
No restaraunts close by, Sorry! I flew to Denver to catch the #5 & none of the Cabbies knew of the new location! When I boarded, I was told to go directly to the Diner Car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back