Bull on tracks disrupts operations at Newark Penn Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCL

Engineer
Didn't seem real at first. I didn't see any reports if it disrupted Amtrak operations, or just NJ Transit.

4C7CPRXV2RHQHDLZJOQE5I2SSM.jpg

https://www.nj.com/news/2023/12/cow...nj-transit-trains-at-newark-penn-station.html

Walked.

The real question is who keeps a long horn bull in Newark!

Those horns are for animals in hot environments so they can regulate there body temperature. Not really needed in Newark.

I doubt it's raised in New Jersey. Probably got there by train to one of the local slaughterhouses. Some reports say it's going to go to an animal sanctuary, but I'm sure it's got tags and branding that will be enough to identify the owner. Looks like it would make a nice ribeye.

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/inspection/fsis-inspected-establishments/american-halal-meat-inc.

American Halal Meat Inc.​

ESTABLISHMENT NUMBER M20403

ADDRESS 270 Raymond Blvd
Newark, NJ 07105

ACTIVITIES
Meat Slaughter, Meat Processing

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/inspection/fsis-inspected-establishments/victoria-livestock

Victoria Livestock​

ESTABLISHMENT NUMBER
M54249+P54249

ESTABLISHMENT TITLE/NAME
Victoria Livestock

ADDRESS
41 Victoria Street
Newark, NJ 07114

ACTIVITIES
Meat Slaughter, Meat Processing, Poultry Processing

I think we need to look at the picture. The awful condition of the SW portion of the platforms is well known. It appears worse since the last time I visited there. If Amtrak ever goes to 13 - 16 car LD or even regionals then those parts of the platforms are going to need major refurbishing, Does anyone know the total length of the platforms at Newark? Another thought is that station capacity might be expanded if 2 trains could use same track and platform? Would require some additional signaling maybe mid-point or other subway type,

The first attempt at capturing lead to it charging them. I'd imagine if had it done so and caused injuries or death, the cops would have had a right to shoot it.

It's headed for the rest of its life at an animal sanctuary in Wantage, NJ.

Looks like Track 4. 3 tracks over is track P, where PATH's 3rd rail likely would have electrocuted it.

Last edited:
The first attempt at capturing lead to it charging them. I'd imagine if had it done so and caused injuries or death, the cops would have had a right to shoot it.

It's headed for the rest of its life at an animal sanctuary in Wantage, NJ.

Looks like Track 4. 3 tracks over is track P, where PATH's 3rd rail likely would have electrocuted it.

Would a Taser have brought it down? And who responds to this sort of thing? Local police? Amtrak Police? NJT Police? Local animal control?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back