Bush 41 on trains.

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Last night, I was watching Fox News and saw an interveiw with President Bush, Sr.

The interveiw started off the same as they all do. You got the usual terrorism, Iraq war, United Nations, disaster releif, 1000 points of light, and so on. Typical presidential stuff.

Towards the end of the interveiw, the Bush Presidential Library in College Station, Texas came up. I was kind of listening while I was on the computer. I heard something about a train exhibit being featured for the next several months. I looked up and saw a pair of model locomotives on a display track. One was a newer Union Pacific diesel in typical colors. The other was in Airforce One colors, and had special George Bush 41 lettering. The number was 4141. The ex-president went on to tell how it was a model of an actual locomotive used to kick off the exhibit. He said he got to get in the locomotive when it was debuted, and was then shown how to take the throttle and drive it, which he did. He blew the horn, too. He sounded like it was exciting to him. He went on to tell how important the railroads were to the building of America, and how the trains continued to be important to our commerce. He told of how the Bush engine was pulling a freight out of Dallas as he spoke. (How did he know that? In my experience with the UP around Dallas, I'm sure it was caught in a bad traffic jam.)

Then, at the very end, he was asked what he thought about the future of high speed passenger trains in America. Especially about the construction of such a system in the crowded north-east. Wow! He laughed like it was a big joke. Paraphrasing here.....he said something to the interveiwer like "If you ride it and survive, maybe I will think about it..." or something like that. Wow, I say again! After such a positive expression by George Herbert Walker Bush about the significance of rail in our past and present, his opinion on the future of passenger trains gets that for a responce.

I wonder what kind of response he would've given if she had said the "A"-word. You know the one!

Well he may not be hiding the fact the railroads played an important part of building our nation! However, we have to remember where Bush Sr is regarding his position! This is just my personal opinion, however, it appears to me that if he were to fully support a national rail system (that works), then he has less to make on his end of the deal "if you know what I am talking about!" <_< :blink: OBS...

This engine was in downtown Fort Worth, headed eastbound waiting to cross at the infamous Tower 55.

I was pulling frieght.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back