Business Class goes up front

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

battalion51

Engineer
I just spoke with our boy Jonny, and he has news hot off the wire. Effective immediately Business Class on all Regional trains (with the exception of the SB Vermonter) will be moved to the head end, along with the Cafe car. The Quiet Car will now also be moved to the rear of the train in the last coach. The move comes to help produce better ride quality since the head end rides better than the rear of the train. Jon is currently on P09428, they are arriving into Providence as we speak.

battalion51 said:
I just spoke with our boy Jonny, and he has news hot off the wire. Effective immediately Business Class on all Regional trains (with the exception of the SB Vermonter) will be moved to the head end, along with the Cafe car. The Quiet Car will now also be moved to the rear of the train in the last coach. The move comes to help produce better ride quality since the head end rides better than the rear of the train. Jon is currently on P09428, they are arriving into Providence as we speak.
Heck why not ride in the engine LOL

Well, If I ever had to ride one of those trains, I now know I could go to the quiet car at the back and watch the tracks.

However, If Im traveling on the corridor, its Acela all the way.

Makes sense, give BC passengers the best ride, Quiet Car passengers can be farthest away from the locomotive and noise.

I am just currious as to where the Quiet cars were generally placed in the consist prior to this decision. This sounds like a very good idea

amtrakmichigan said:
I am just currious as to where the Quiet cars were generally placed in the consist prior to this decision. This sounds like a very good idea
They were typically the first car behind the engine. It was considered an easy way to identify the car.

It makes sense in either location because there is nothing on the other end of the car, so there is no traffic in the car except for the passengers in the Quiet Car.

BNSF_1088 said:
battalion51 said:
Heck why not ride in the engine LOL
Realyl, how can I? Id take that anyday including the training seat. :D :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back