Business Class on Maple Leaf

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MontanaJim

Service Attendant
Hello All-

I will likely be taking the maple leaf from NYC to Buffalo this sat, dec 3rd, or on sat, dec. 17th. I will be using AGR points. Im wondering if upgrading to business class is worth it. Anyone here with experience with business class on the maple leaf? Also, id like to sit on the left side so i can look at the river scenery. But i know if i take business class, there will be fewer seats to choose from on the left side and theres a better chance ill have to sit on the right. Any thoughts on that as well are greatly appreciated. Thanks

Hello All-

I will likely be taking the maple leaf from NYC to Buffalo this sat, dec 3rd, or on sat, dec. 17th. I will be using AGR points. Im wondering if upgrading to business class is worth it. Anyone here with experience with business class on the maple leaf? Also, id like to sit on the left side so i can look at the river scenery. But i know if i take business class, there will be fewer seats to choose from on the left side and theres a better chance ill have to sit on the right. Any thoughts on that as well are greatly appreciated. Thanks
I will be on the Maple Leaf this Friday, December 2nd in Business Class. I am going all the way to Toronto and it is a paid reservation for me. I have heard it is worth the extra money to be in business class. I have no idea how easy it will be to get a seat on the left.

The Maple Leaf uses a 2X1 Seating :wub: Business Class/Cafe Car! The seats are like the ones from the old First Class Metroliners (the Parent of the Acelas)and are very comfortable! :cool: It definitely is worth the extra room,comfort and convience to ride Business Class on this Route and you are correct, the Left side is the "good" side on this Route! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks guys. do you think i will be able to secure a seat on the left side of business class leaving NYC?

Get a Red Cap to bring you down early. A seat on the "left" side of the train going north and then west to Toronto is well worth it, and business class on that route affords you perhaps the most comfortable seat in the Amtrak system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello All-

If Maple Leaf Business is like Pacific Surfliner Business you get complementry non alcoholic beverages and a guranteed seat where is coach you could be standing. On PS, you are not assigned a seat, however there are "club" seats of 4, two facing two that are reserved for larger groups.

thanks for the advice. How do i get a redcap to take me down early? i wont be carrying any luggage besides a day pack.

Also, on a related note, i was thinking of other travel times. I noticed there is an empire service train leaving NYC about 1:15 pm on sat. That would be better for my schedule because i could then theoretically leave on a train from DC at 8:20 (there is a regional then). and i think the empire trains have business class too. However, Arrow wont allow me to select the option of leaving DC on the 8:20 am regional. Only options are to leave at 10 pm the night before or on the 3:15 am to connect to the maple leaf. Anyone able to tell me why arrow wont let me? Thanks

Jim,

That is an interesting quirk. Most likely someone simply missed inputting that connection into ARROW. You can however book that trip using the Multi-City option on the Amtrak website.

Yup, likely a glitch in Arrow. I tried the same search and got four departures out of WAS, but nothing connecting onto the 1:15 Empire service. From NHV or even PHL, the connection is available. Strange.

Definitely use the multi-city option to build your own connection!

My travel date changed to Dec. 17. I will call Amtrak guest rewards (have to do so anyway since im using points and it involves a transfer). However, i am wondering if business class on the empire service' 1:15 pm train out of NYC is as nice as the maple leaf? Anyone give me their thoughts on that? thanks

However, i am wondering if business class on the empire service' 1:15 pm train out of NYC is as nice as the maple leaf? Anyone give me their thoughts on that? thanks
No difference; it's the same type of car for BC on either.

About the only advantage to the Leaf would be that you'd get more daylight hours and therefore more views of the Erie Canal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back