CA Zephyr (train 5) stuck because of rock slide?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jss

Has anyone heard about train 5 being stuck in Granby due to a rock slide on the tracks? My father is traveling to CA on that train but doesn't have a cell phone. Yesterday Amtrak said that Union Pacific would be blasting and repairing the tracks, and they planned to be moving again last night around 7pm, but I can't get any further information.

Thanks!

Has anyone heard about train 5 being stuck in Granby due to a rock slide on the tracks? My father is traveling to CA on that train but doesn't have a cell phone. Yesterday Amtrak said that Union Pacific would be blasting and repairing the tracks, and they planned to be moving again last night around 7pm, but I can't get any further information.
Thanks!
Actually, the only thing I've seen mentioned so far was on this blog:

Click here

-Rafi

Brenda, myself and her youngest daughter were on this train and it was PACKED!!!!! We de-trained in LNK about 10 hours before this situation. The crew on the #5 is an excellent crew. We took the #6 on Saturday 6/22 and had a real good crew into CHI. I will be calling Amtrak today and giving out my compliments on both crews.

I see the Zephyr didn't leave EMY today. Is that somehow related to the disruption earlier? (I'm watching it's status since I'll be on it next week...)

Ooooh dear

Where can you search for this information on the amtrak page? I can't remember where it is!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back