California Thurway bus schedules

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pn1

Can someone please direct me to a schedule of connecting buses in California.

A few years ago I took a connecting bus from Bakersfield to El Segundo. It Does it still operate?

Are there any Amtrak connections to LAX? If not, what’s the best way to connect from Bakersfield to LAX?

Thanks in advance from Paul in Australia.

A few years ago I took a connecting bus from Bakersfield to El Segundo. It Does it still operate?

Are there any Amtrak connections to LAX? If not, what’s the best way to connect from Bakersfield to LAX?

Can't give you the Schedule, but Amtrak runs thruway buses between the Bakersfield Rail Station and LA Union Station since the San Joaquin Trains run from the North to/from Bakersfield.

Honestly not sure if an Amtrak Rail ticket is still required since California used to require that???

The bus schedules are shown in the corridor timetables. For buses connecting at Bakersfield, they're in the San Joaquin folder. I don't see El Segundo, but perhaps someone here can offer an alternative. My surmise is that as rail transit lines have been extended, the non-Union Station bus connections have faded away.

https://amtrak-bucket.s3.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/ASJ-Timetable-5.pdf

There's info on the LAX airport service here at:
https://www.amtraktrains.com/threads/southwest-chief-discussion.84049/page-5#post-1010836

Back