California Zephyr #6 track open east bound?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know man but I am traveling the same day SAC to CHI. Let's hope we meet and everything is (more or less) on time.

Traveling June 15 on eastbound CZ #6, and hear that tracks are closed beyond Denver. Anyone know if there will be bussing or rerouting?
The present plan is that the eastbound Zephyr (#^) is terminating at Denver and there is no alternate transportation being provided by Amtrak to points east of there. The current Service Advisory states that the disrupted Zephyr service will run through at least June 14, but conditions suggest strongly that the June 14 date will be extended. I would suggest that you plan for the probability that the Zephyr of June 15 will not operate east of Denver. That could include either an alternate travel plan for east of Denver (car, bus, or air), or rebooking of the rail trip for a later date.

It is 4:05 p.m. PDT, Monday, June 13 , and my travel agent just got off the phone with Amtrak. Amtrak says the track will definitely be open on June 15 all the way to Denver. They might use alternate routes, but we are advised to board the train. Also, CZ #6 has schedule a change for Chicago arrival....now arrives at 6:10 p.m.

It is 4:15 on Monday, June 13, and my travel agent just talked to Amtrak regarding CZ #6 to Chicago. Amtrak says on Wednesday, June 15 the tracks will definitely be open and the trains running all the way to Chicago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back