California Zephyr Detour

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ilovetrains

Train Attendant
I have reservations to leave on the Zephyr on 08/27/07 from CHI to EMY :D . I saw on the Amtrak website where it states that Zephyr service will be affected through 10/07 due to track work but when I called Amtrak and spoke to an agent she informed me that the last scheduled detour is for 08/08/07.

Does anyone know which piece of info is correct?

Thanks.

The track work is actually scheduled to go on for the next two years, which is how long the extra three hours of padding are supposed to be on the schedule.

The Wyoming detour however is seperate from the other track work issues, most of which are west of Salt Lake City, and has nothing to do with the new longer running time on the schedule. The Wyoming detour is supposed to end August the 8th, assuming no weather releated delays or other problems that slows down the work.

Last edited by a moderator:
The track work is actually scheduled to go on for the next two years, which is how long the extra three hours of padding are supposed to be on the schedule.
The Wyoming detour however is seperate from the other track work issues, most of which are west of Salt Lake City, and has nothing to do with the new longer running time on the schedule. The Wyoming detour is supposed to end August the 8th, assuming no weather releated delays or other problems that slows down the work.

Thanks for the info. I REALLY, REALLY want to travel the normal route through the Colorado Rockies and see this scenery for myself. I have heard so much about it and I can't wait for the opportunity to view this scenery from the California Zephyr! :D :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks for the info. I REALLY, REALLY want to travel the normal route through the Colorado Rockies and see this scenery for myself. I have heard so much about it and I can't wait for the opportunity to view this scenery from the California Zephyr! :D :D

get some glimpses already on my website, at least what you can spot through the windows..... and enjoy your trip ( Quicktime required to see it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back