Can Amtrak Multi-Ride tickets be used to ride in Business Class on a c

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reppin_the_847

Service Attendant
Had a question for everyone here. Does anyone know whether or not Amtrak allows a passenger to upgrade to business class if they have a Multi-Ride ticket? This is for corridor services such as the Wolverine. I may check with Amtrak customer service on this later today. Please advise, thanks!

I dont see why not. I would attempt this with a phone rep or a station agent first. The conductor as a last resort.

Had a question for everyone here. Does anyone know whether or not Amtrak allows a passenger to upgrade to business class if they have a Multi-Ride ticket? This is for corridor services such as the Wolverine. I may check with Amtrak customer service on this later today. Please advise, thanks!
You can't.

Sure you can. I do it every week on the Surfliner. Since BC is priced as coach + upgrade, you just pay the upgrade. I upgrade every week at the station. So the conductor will scan both the business class upgrade portion and the 10 ride portion. The BC upgrade ticket will say on it "ONLY VALID WITH 10 RIDE TICKET."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back