Cancellation of Auto Train in February?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just read something about the Auto Train being canceled for several days sometime in February, due to track work required on a bridge near Sanford. Does anyone have any specific information about that?

I just read something about the Auto Train being canceled for several days sometime in February, due to track work required on a bridge near Sanford. Does anyone have any specific information about that?
From the Amtrak website:

Weekend track work being performed north of Sanford by CentralFlorida Rail Corridor will affect Trains 91, 92, 97 and 98 on January 12, 13, 25 and 26, 2013 and February 2 and 3, 2013.
It appears to be weekend work and doesn't affect the Auto Train.

You can check for anything else on this at the website, then click on Routes, then on Service Disruptions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reference. Alas, it had the information I was alluding to:

logo_popup.gif

Auto Train Weekend Service Cancellations Effective February 21 - 24, 2013 Train 52 – February 22, 23 and 24
Train 53 – February 21, 22 and 23Due to weekend bridge replacement project being performed north of Sanford by Central Florida Rail Corridor, Trains 52 and 53 will be canceled on the dates shown below, and alternate transportation will not be provided.

Northbound Train 52
  • Train 52 will be canceled on Friday through Sunday, February 22, 23 and 24, 2013.
Southbound Train 53
  • Train 53 will be canceled on Thursday through Saturday, February 21, 22 and 23, 2013.

Last edited by a moderator:
My guess is that SunRail will be working on the bridge over the St. John's River just north of Sanford. On weekends, Amtrak has been busing Silver passengers to JAX, but it would be impossible to bus auto train pax and their cars.

I swear that service disruption was NOT on line, when I looked earlier this morning. Sorry!

'Course it could be my old age :giggle: and bad eyes :blush: .

At least you were able to find the information you were seeking.

I am one of the lucky passengers who was supposed to take the Auto Train on Thursday Feb 22/13 from Lorton to Sandford.

They have refunded my money, now I have to drive 1700 miles to Fort Lauderdale. They sent a email last week telling me this good news.

Not very happy

I always did say I hope this construction is worth it many times before. Trains are frequently delayed around here.

That is terrible that they are doing that construction during "school vacation week." That is the week following President's Day and most of the schools up here have off and lots of people head to Florida. Unfortunate timing.

That is really awful for those who are impacted. But, I suppose if the work is to be done, someone will be effected. (My wife is taking the Autotrain South on March 1st, so she didn't miss that problem by much! )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back