Can't a senior purchase for self and adult?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brilliant! You're not an IT professional are you? Because you're thinking like one. I gotta try this now!
Thanks, I hope it actually works (I didn't go through with the booking obviously). I do have a background in IT, even though I'm not working in the industry.

I just tried this myself on the iOS app and it does seem to work when using a little workaround.

I first added a senior traveler in addition to the standard adult, then removed the adult and added one again. At that point, the app put the senior as "Traveler 1" and the adult as "Traveler 2". When I chose a random train and had to enter the passenger names, it still says "Traveler 1 of 2 | Senior (Primary Contact)" on top of the screen. I tried the same on the web site and it doesn't work there, the "adult" is automatically put as the primary traveler, but on the iOS app (and potentially also the Android app).
You're a genius! It just worked on Android! Just booked a real trip with it. Woo hoo! Thanks for this time- and frustration-saving idea!20220828_150418.jpg

Back