Can't they see what I see

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supergrandmother

Train Attendant
Last Sunday afternoon, I called Amtrak to change the first part of my trip (Atlanta to San Francisco and Back) and add a sleeper. "David" was very courteous to help me cancel the first part but when it came to re-booking for the next day and adding the roommette, he quoted me a price that was more than $100 dollars higher than the one I was looking at on my laptop. When I asked him why it was more than $100 higher, David just said that the price I saw online was an "estimated" price and that I wouldn't see the final price until after I booked it. Well, he was wrong.....I booked it at the same price that I was looking at online ;) and saved myself $100+. I took a chance and told him just to cancel the first part and I would think about paying that much for the roommette. I did think about it for about 30 seconds.....the amount of time it took me to finalize booking it online.

He also told me that it would take 3-4 weeks to see my refund on my car. Wrong again, David! :eek: I saw my refund on my Visa debit card within 2 days. :D :D Maybe because I had it open on my laptop, that roommette was not visible to him????

Counting down.......73 days!

Did I read correctly that you rebooked a segment of your trip? That might leave you with non-guaranteed connections :eek: - Call Amtrak and have them link your segment and that will cause your connections to be guaranteed. :)

Maybe because I had it open on my laptop, that roommette was not visible to him????
Yes, it is entirely possible that you were holding that last roomette at the lower price by having it on your laptop in the process of booking it.

I thought that might be it but I just checked this morning and got the same price I booked it for last Sunday. Don't know what he was looking at. :eek:

Maybe because I had it open on my laptop, that roommette was not visible to him????
Yes, it is entirely possible that you were holding that last roomette at the lower price by having it on your laptop in the process of booking it.

I thought that might be it but I just checked this morning and got the same price I booked it for last Sunday. Don't know what he was looking at. :eek:
Then maybe he was giving you the total cost, rail fare and sleeper combined, while you were just looking at the cost of the sleeper?

Then maybe he was giving you the total cost, rail fare and sleeper combined, while you were just looking at the cost of the sleeper?
Nope. He was quoting total cost and the total cost I was looking at on my laptop was about $100 less. I even asked him if he was giving me my senior discount. After I finished the booking, I tried several ways to try to book something that would get even close to the price he quoted but I couldn't figure it out. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back