Capitol Limited #30

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meatpuff

Train Attendant
Anyone know what has been going on with #30 (Cap Limited eastbound)? Looking at amtrakdelays.com, it was running great until June hit. Since then it has gradually deteriorated to average 5 hours late into Washington this week. Any reason?

Anyone know what has been going on with #30 (Cap Limited eastbound)? Looking at amtrakdelays.com, it was running great until June hit. Since then it has gradually deteriorated to average 5 hours late into Washington this week. Any reason?
CSX has been a complete and utter mess between Martinsburg and DC for the past 3 weeks or so. Track work and heat restrictions are the main culprits, but there's been a fair share of very violent thunderstorms gradually pummeling the region as well, throwing trees across the right of way. MARC service was in a shambles on that line as well.

-Rafi

CSX has been a complete and utter mess between Martinsburg and DC for the past 3 weeks or so. Track work and heat restrictions are the main culprits, but there's been a fair share of very violent thunderstorms gradually pummeling the region as well, throwing trees across the right of way. MARC service was in a shambles on that line as well.

-Rafi
Ah, thanks for the response. I asked since I'll be on 30 tomorrow. I didn't think of heat restrictions! That makes a lot of sense. Forecast for D.C. and along the route for the next few days looks cooler (still 90 F highs) but still some T-storms...hopefully they're not severe and it can get back to normal running!

We were on #30 on June 4-5 from Chicago to Cleveland and were gratiously shafted by the NS dispatcher who made us sit at Elkhart and South Bend for three hours. Went to bed at 10PM EDT, woke up at 1 am and still sitting in South Bend. Conductor said NS told them there would two WB freights passing and then made us sit until the entire NS fleet passed us by. We arrived in CLE three and half hours late which was not a big deal for us, but some people we met from Seattle to Harrisburg missed there Pennsylvania connection in Pittsburgh. Thank you NS :angry:

My dtr took this train on 6-12. Missed her connection in WAS to 178 and had to take the overnight 66. Did arrive in OSB this AM but spent an extra night on the train.

She was told it had to go slow b/c of the tracks.

DanO

I was wondering this as well because I checked the OTP of the 29 and in the last eleven days or so it has blown up.

I travel on Tuesday night and a delay of a two hours is okay, but much over that puts my schedule into a huge bind (crosses fingers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back