Capitol Limited question

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone who recently took the Capital Limited route from Washington D.C. to Chicago know if Border Patrol boards at any of the stops? I know Border Patrol does board on Amtrak on the Lake Shore Limited. Thank you so much!

Does anyone who recently took the Capital Limited route from Washington D.C. to Chicago know if Border Patrol boards at any of the stops? I know Border Patrol does board on Amtrak on the Lake Shore Limited. Thank you so much!
You won't have to worry about border guards but if you're going through DC there are plenty of Amtrak and DC police with dogs sniffing luggage. Witnessed it myself in January.

You won't have to worry about border guards but if you're going through DC there are plenty of Amtrak and DC police with dogs sniffing luggage. Witnessed it myself in January.

Sniffing luggage and chasing birds in the station. Last time I went thru D C the K 9 officer gave the dog some slack to go after a bird wandering around looking for scraps. They were off to the side and in no ones way. I guess the dog has to have some fun too. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back