Car Hits Amtrak Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
LSL 49 was running on time for a change and then this dingbat hits the train. Didn't get into CLE until after 7am. 3hours + late and eventually reaches Chicago 3+ hours late and those people probably missed some of their connections. :angry:

This was train #49 (LSL). Can't wait to hear the explanation. Hmmm.....alcohol?
Article doesn't open for me !
Car ran through the crossing arms into the side of the LSL at around 3 AM. Driver injured. Columbus Dispatch news link but it has little additional info beyond the AP report that shows up on a search.

Running into the side of a train through a lowered crossing arm at 3 AM? Yea, odds are pretty good that either the driver was under the influence or seriously distracted while texting on his smartphone (lower odds).

This was train #49 (LSL). Can't wait to hear the explanation. Hmmm.....alcohol?
Article doesn't open for me !
Car ran through the crossing arms into the side of the LSL at around 3 AM. Driver injured. Columbus Dispatch news link but it has little additional info beyond the AP report that shows up on a search.

Running into the side of a train through a lowered crossing arm at 3 AM? Yea, odds are pretty good that either the driver was under the influence or seriously distracted while texting on his smartphone (lower odds).
Or a shift worker (hospital maybe?) sleep deprived. Though 3 am is an odd hour, I suppose, for a shift worker to be out on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back