car rental Amtrak San Antonio

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

amtkstn

OBS Chief
Has any members had an experience renting a car at the station in San Antonio? I am looking at taking the flyer and Eagle to San Antonio on a Thursday. Will be renting the car on Friday morning and returning on a Sunday Evening. Is it possible to return the car before the Eagle leaves San Antonio in the morning on Monday?

Never mind, I missed the actual scheduling. You should be able to pickup and drop off a rental at any of the downtown locations no problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've rented a Hertz rental at the Marriott Hotel (101 Bowie Street), which is a short taxi ride from the train station.

Of course, as has been mentioned, the train arrives after the 6pm closing time.

In the past, I've stayed in the Comfort Suites on Live Oak, and I've walked over to the Marriott to pick up the car.

It's not a long walk (about 3/4 mile or so).

It's always been hassle free. There was a Hertz office in the hotel lobby, and they direct you to the parking garage below the hotel, where your car awaits.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what i understand you said you are picking up the next morning after arrival so that should be good. I have not rented a car in san antonio however I am dropping off my rental car in San Marcos, TX in a few weeks to take the eagle and even though the enterprise website says that location does not support after hours drop off when i called the local office they said it would fine. Same thing with the Carbondale IL enterprise location i have used while using Amtrak. so maybe call the downtown san antonio enterprise or other companies local rental office and see if you can work something out. Ryan

I've rented several times from the Enterprise on S. St. Marys Street. They always picked me up from my hotel in the morning and for an evening return it was an easy walk to the hotel. I would set a pickup time the day prior, otherwise, you may end up waiting a bit. The staff there has always been very friendly and there are some great restaurants in the S. St. Marys area.

I have also stayed in several hotels and the Best Western a few blocks from the depot is a great spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back