Car Rental in San Antonio Recommendations?

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

buck1108

Train Attendant
Hi all,

I haven't traveled by train in about 3 years.

I am planning a trip for the first week of May that will take me to San Antonio, and I wanted to get a good rental car for about 4 days to drive back to OK.

Any recommendations on some lower priced/savings or promotions available for car rental?

Thanks for your help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
That Enterprise is the one we used when we got stuck in San Antonio during the Superbowl snowstorm a couple years back. The buses were not running, and they never batted an eyelash about us taking their little Neon out on the road as soon as it was open again. Very nice folks and good service, but they were not open extended hours.

If you want a car on arrival you'll need to get a ride or take a taxi to the airport as there is nothing nearby that is open when Amtrak arrives. It may also be possible to take a VIA bus, but I have no specific experience with that option. Or you could spend the night at downtown hotel and pick up a car downtown the following morning. My experience with one-way rentals favors Avis or Hertz based on price but as always I'd suggest you shop around as much as possible to find the best deal.

If you want a car on arrival you'll need to get a ride or take a taxi to the airport as there is nothing nearby that is open when Amtrak arrives. It may also be possible to take a VIA bus, but I have no specific experience with that option. Or you could spend the night at downtown hotel and pick up a car downtown the following morning. My experience with one-way rentals favors Avis or Hertz based on price but as always I'd suggest you shop around as much as possible to find the best deal.
I thought all of the Cowboy's in Texas rode Horses!!

I thought all of the Cowboy's in Texas rode Horses!!
In San Antonio thy ride Donkeys!!! :giggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back