Carmel

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CNW

Service Attendant
What is the best way to take the train to Carmel CA? I will be taking the CZ to Emeryville, or could take the SWC to LA, but after that I'm open to any public transportation to get to Carmel.

Also any suggestions for lodging in Carmel.

There is a Thruway connection from the Coast Starlight in Salinas to Monterey and Carmel in both directions.

What is the best way to take the train to Carmel CA? I will be taking the CZ to Emeryville, or could take the SWC to LA, but after that I'm open to any public transportation to get to Carmel.

Also any suggestions for lodging in Carmel.
I'm a little late in answering your lodging question, but here is my recommendation: If it fits your budget, I strongly recommend the La Playa Hotel. It is charming older building with beautiful gardens, and close enough to the ocean that you can hear the sound of the surf at night. It has a good restaurant, and while in a residential area, it is within walking distance of downtown shops as well as a neat sandy beach. I have stayed there several times over the years, and have always enjoyed the peace and tranquility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back