Carolinian and Durham NC Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pastor Dave

Lead Service Attendant
I'll be travelling on the 79 Carolinian on 1/11 from Trenton NJ to Durham NC, returning 1/15. As a day train the Carolinian both arrives and leaves Durham at very reasonable times, so I'm not worried about detraining in Durham in the wee small hours.

I do have a couple of questions that you might help with. Is Business Class on the Carolinian 2 + 1 seating, or regular coach with extra amenities and; does anyone know any reasonably priced hotels close to the Durham station?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Dave

I was thinking that the seats are indeed regular coach - but the actual rail cars they used for this special BC were about their best "coach" cars - not sure if that is true, but perhaps they might have more legroom?

Also it is a special car (all Business class) - and the upgrade fee is rather small.

But I have never been on this train. I was thinking someone may have mentioned that the cars were "better than average" coach cars - reserved for use on the Carolinian as business class cars.

Last edited by a moderator:
What the above say about Business Class on these cars is correct. When I rode from Durham to Rocky Mount and back they even served the drink from a cart!

Also, make sure you take a good look at the new Durham train station...they did a really good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back