Carrying on a stroller

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JSmith

Service Attendant
In two weeks we are traveling from Buffalo to Syracuse, and we'd like to bring our two-year-old's stroller with us. I see on the Amtrak site that baby paraphernalia such as strollers, car seats, and diaper bags don't count towards your carry-on bag limit, which is good for us, but I'm not sure where we're supposed to stow the stroller once on-board. It seems like it would be difficult to safely get into the rack above the seats. Is there space reserved somewhere in the coach for large items like strollers or wheelchairs?

We're actually taking the Lake Shore Limited there, so I could probably check it on that trip, but we're on the Empire Service home, which has no baggage car.

There is usually ample space at one end of of the cars for oversize items like a stroller. As always, the general rule of thumb is "if you don't need any assistance with it, and can fit it through a door, you're not likely to be hassled about carrying it".

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on just how well it folds up, it might still fit on an overhead rack. There is quite a bit of clearance up there. But as Hokie mentioned, there should also be room for it at one end of the car.

Depending on just how well it folds up, it might still fit on an overhead rack. There is quite a bit of clearance up there. But as Hokie mentioned, there should also be room for it at one end of the car.
Every time I've been on the crescent people have brought so much luggage on board that the racks filled up well before the seats were full and pax were having to stow all of their carry-ons at the ends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back