Cascades VAC > BEL

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cascadia

OBS Chief
I rode the Cascades tonight from Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada to Bellingham, Washington.

I was pretty amazed at how light the passenger load was. The trains have been pretty full lately for sure, and they were over the holiday weekend according to the crew. I haven't seen so few people on the train for ages, I mean even in the dark of winter last year when things were slow, there were still more people than tonight.

I am not complaining as it is nice to feel like you have the place to yourself and I used to be spoiled that way.

How light you ask? I think there were 15 people in our Superliner car? I didn't count but that's about what I come up with when I visualize the car. Only 4 people got off in Bellingham and only 4 got on.

I suppose people are re-grouping after Thanksgiving and getting their Christmas budget figured out.

Certainly going up on Saturday there was a healthy amount of people on the train, it was pretty full. It's been full all the time all last spring, summer, and fall.

Oh hey, I just remembered the obvious, it is December 1st and everyone just paid rent (that are renters anyway - lots of students here). I always think of that but forgot this time.

Anyone else notice that "the numbers just fell off" (quoting the conductor)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back