CASH FOR TRAIN DELAYS – AND FOOD

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I am so ignorant, oh great Neil, name me some English culinary innovations.
Proper bacon for a start, unlike that junk that fragments into bacon dust that passes off for 'bacon' in the US.......

And beer that doesn't need freezing so you don't realise it doesn't taste of anything.

Lots of fantastic local produce, but that's probably off your radar. Quantity not quality seems to be your thing....
Your knowledge of my eating habits are more ignorant than even you are claiming me to be. I detest 99% of American food- and the only American contribution to the culinary art is chile- when it is done really really well. I do eat in quantity, but I am pretty rigid on quality as well.

Second, proper bacon, while you can definitely get it in Britain, is not a British invention. And beer? Beer has existed since forever, and I'd say it's creation was more likely Germanic. And produce, while nice, is not an example of culinary art. You have told me of several decent foods availible or produced within the UK. Congrats. Now actually answer my question. :rolleyes:
I don't know what you want. If you want history, look it up on Wikipedia or something. I ain't got time, got to go to work. Although if you want a few benchmarks, Fish and Chips is up there, as is a proper full cooked English Breakfast, although none of that nonsense like Hash Browns should be included.... Oh, and ever had a proper hand raised Pork Pie? Superb.

Catch ya later, big boy!

Back