CBS to SAV New Years Trip suggestions

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lionelhoguy

Service Attendant
My wife and I are planning our New Years trip and I was going to toss our itinerary out there to see if there is any suggestions as to things we should change to make our trip more enjoyable.

Dec 27 to Dec 29, 2012

CBS to CHI 8 Empire Builder - Room 002

CHI to WAS 30 Capitol Limited - Room E (we have had the room by the stairs before and it was not a problem)

WAS to SAV 97 Silver Meteor - Room B

Jan 2, to Jan 04, 2013

SAV to WAS 98 Silver Meteor - Room B

WAS to CHI 29 Capitol Limited - Room D

CHI to CBS 27 Empire Builder - None Assigned yet, I will call to make sure we do not end up on the lower level.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife and I are planning our New Years trip and I was going to toss our itinerary out there to see if there is any suggestions as to things we should change to make our trip more enjoyable.

Dec 27 to Dec 29, 2012

CBS to CHI 8 Empire Builder - Room 002

CHI to WAS 30 Capitol Limited - Room E (we have had the room by the stairs before and it was not a problem)

WAS to SAV 97 Silver Meteor - Room B

Jan 2, to Jan 04, 2013

SAV to WAS 98 Silver Meteor - Room B

WAS to CHI 29 Capitol Limited - Room D

CHI to CBS 27 Empire Builder - None Assigned yet, I will call to make sure we do not end up on the lower level.
:hi: Nice Trip! If you haven't been on the Cardinal yet from CHI you might want to consider booking from CHI-Charlotsville, then a Thruway Bus to Richmond with a Layover for Dinner, then you catch the Meteor going South! The scenery is pretty Spectacular going East once the Sun comes up in the Morning! (New River Gorge/Mountains/Virginia Country Side etc.)The Cardinal is a Three Day a Week Train, Leaves CHI on Tues/Thurs/Sat only which should work for you, arrives the next Afternoon in Charlotsville where the Amtrak Thruway takes you to Richmond!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back