Chase Sapphire card --> AGR points

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigBlueBuddha

Service Attendant
I'm not sure I understand how this works. . .once I apply for and receive a Chase Sapphire (25K points) or Preferred Sapphire (50K points) card, how do these get credited to the AGR account? I can see how to set up account access via the Ultimate Rewards website. Then, I think I can combine points from the Sapphire card with my AGR Mastercard, is that true?

I guess my confusion is that I don't see how my Chase AGR card will automatically show up in the combine points dialog windows at the Ultimate Rewards website; will it just show up? It seems that the AGR card is not an Ultimate Rewards card and it is not clear to me how that would show up in the list, even though they are both Chase cards. If anyone has done this, please walk me through the process, thanks. :hi:

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure exactly what I did, but it was easy. There is another thread that is pretty instructive.

This is what I remember, after I spent $3,000 on my Chase Sapphire Account and received my 50,000 points, I signed up on line with ultimate rewards. I then redeemed 53,000 points on line and Amtrak Guest Rewards was one of the options. I supplied my AGR number and the points were in my account immediately (if I remember correctly). Although I have an AGR Chase Master Card, my transfer did not involve that card at all - the points went directly to my AGR account.

I hope this is helpful - if not read a previous thread about the Chase Sapphire card. If I could, I would provide a link, but I am inept.

Back