Chicago - April 30, 2014

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This wouldn't be linked to post count, would it? I can't imagine why it would be.

Anyway, Riverviewer, what browser are you using? Have you tried shift + refresh? Maybe the cookies are jacked up.

I'm using Safari on my iMac, which doesn't have a "refresh" key. I've cleaned out the cache...and I still get that same "...you do not have permission" error message.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, sorry about that. :)

If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what's up.

Edit: All of the pictures came from my Facebook album. I made it public so you can see them. Just click the link:

https://www.facebook.com/sorcha/media_set?set=a.10101556018099354.1073741848.30311596&type=3

Let me know if that doesn't work.
Can't view pics without logging into Facebook...I refuse to join.

Wish more posters'd use Flickr albums!

I could not view the earlier pics you posted here...Because I'm on IPad?

Love your posts though.

Chaz

That surprises me. When something on FB is "public", it should be viewable by anybody, not just FB members. I JUST changed the setting, so maybe it takes a second. I logged out of FB to check it and got the "not available right now" error. Maybe they'll show up later.

I used to use Flickr, but then it became too much of a pain to upload photos to Flickr and FB. Since 99.9999% of my friends and family are on FB, I just use FB now.

The only reason I upload photos to AU posts now is because I've found that linking them from FB results in dead photos at random. Sometimes you can see them; sometimes you can't. So, now I upload.

I suppose I could use Flickr again, but I'm not going to be happy about it. <_< ;)

To make a facebook album viewable by anyone at all, whether a facebook member or not, follow these steps:

1. Go to your photos, then your albums.
  2. Click on the individual album so you can see it all at once.
  3. Vlick on the little gear at the top right, and click "get link."
  4. Copy the link oin the popup and send it to anyon at all.
To test this theory, have a look at my most recent wildflower photos on facebook. Oh, and anyone with the link can view them, but others that are not on the permission list won't be able to. So you can have it all: you don't have to make it public, you just have to send the link.

I'm using Safari on my iMac, which doesn't have a "refresh" key.
By "shift + refresh," Sarah meant to hold down the Shift key while clicking the on-screen "refresh" icon (the circular arrow that should be at the far right side of the text entry box near the top of the Safari window).
All that does is "Open Mobile Me Sync Preferences"...

I suppose I could use Flickr again, but I'm not going to be happy about it. <_< ;)
Well, the company that issues my paychecks would be happy... :D

There have been recent updates to the site and the mobile apps that may make it easier for you, although I obviously can't guarantee anything.

There have been recent updates to the site and the mobile apps that may make it easier for you, although I obviously can't guarantee anything.
Oh, it's easy to use. I was just grumbling and whining about uploading pics to yet another site. ;)

Oh, it's easy to use. I was just grumbling and whining about uploading pics to yet another site. ;)
Flickr's new interface is abysmal. I jumped ship to Smugmug and couldn't be happier. (no offense if you worked on it Trainman74, but it sucks)

Great report, Sarah!

I loved my American Girl doll so much - I had Molly. I have never been to one of the stores but I would have loved to have seen the various rooms for the girls. Between my sister and my cousins we had all of the original historical dolls. I think they have retired some of them at this point. I was thinking about buying one for my niece but they are $$$$$. I might just give her my old one which my mother still has and is in great shape.

Great report, Sarah!

I loved my American Girl doll so much - I had Molly. I have never been to one of the stores but I would have loved to have seen the various rooms for the girls. Between my sister and my cousins we had all of the original historical dolls. I think they have retired some of them at this point. I was thinking about buying one for my niece but they are $$$$$. I might just give her my old one which my mother still has and is in great shape.
Molly is our favorite, but they didn't have anything set up for her. I checked online, and it appears they've "archived" her.

I found a photo of Julie's "room". (Julie is one of the 1960s dolls and looks like a flower child.) They had a bunch of these set up for all of the different time periods. I really need to take photos next time. They did a great job with the details.

When we went, they'd switched the paper lantern to a disco ball, and she had postcards from San Francisco hanging on her peg board. :)

american-girl.jpg

Great picture of the room! They do have one of the stores about thirty minutes from me (closer to Boston) but I bet it's not as big as doesn't have as much cool stuff as the one in Chicago.

I even had the tap dance outfit for Molly with the stars and stripes. And the silver penny. That was probably my favorite toy (besides my Brio wooden train set, of course) growing up.

I've always wanted to go to the american girl store! I had Kirsten and Felicity (no, my parents weren't millionaires, we found a perfect Felicity doll at a garage sale for $10!) Did it have a little doll hair salon? I've heard some of the stores do, or maybe just one.

I've always wanted to go to the american girl store! I had Kirsten and Felicity (no, my parents weren't millionaires, we found a perfect Felicity doll at a garage sale for $10!) Did it have a little doll hair salon? I've heard some of the stores do, or maybe just one.
Yes. It had a hair salon, portrait studio (professional photography so you can buy prints of you and your doll), souvenir shop (matching outfits and souvenirs for you and your doll), Halloween shop with costumes, hobby shop (dance and sports outfits, skiis, etc), tea room with chairs for you, your parents, and your doll, and so on. It's three stories high, possibly four. We didn't check out every level.

That's so awesome! I would definitely go there if I were nine. Might be a little creepy now if I showed up with a doll in hand :lol:

Edit: Oh gosh, and I just noticed you talked about the salon in your OP. Summer break started today, so I left my brain at school :p

Back