Chicago - San Antonio Station Info

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Bill_*

Looking at traveling the Cardinal to Chicago and then on to San Antonio TX. What aret these train stations like? Are they clean, safe, cabs/rental car available? My arrival to Chicago would be 11ish pm.

Thanks!

Bill

Looking at traveling the Cardinal to Chicago and then on to San Antonio TX. What aret these train stations like? Are they clean, safe, cabs/rental car available? My arrival to Chicago would be 11ish pm.
Thanks!

Bill
Aloha Bill

I am going from Chicago threw San Antonio on the Texas Eagle on March 31, can tell you about that train then,, I have several Pictures of the Chicago Station in this picture gallery. Since we spend time in San Antonio waiting for the SSL connection I hope to get pictures of that station also. Maybe it is just me, but I have never been apprehensive in any of Amtrak stations or on the platforms. I wasn't as comfortable in Emerville walking the 2 blocks to a Denney's one morning at 2:00am or so.

Hope this helped

Eric

I just left San Antonio this morning, after arriving on the eastbound Sunset Limited/Texas Eagle (connecting to the northbound Texas Eagle) at 10:30PM, not departing until 7:00AM. I walked the roughly one mile to the Alamo from the San Antonio station at midnight, and it felt perfectly safe to me. There's a Denny's about a third that distance, open 24 hours. The area right by the station, all the way to downtown, appears very safe and clean.

Chicago is a different story, but even at 11PM you should be able to get a taxi near the station fairly easily.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks!

Bill
Bill,

I'm confused. :unsure: The Cardinal is scheduled to arrive into Chicago at 10:35 AM, not 11:00 PM.

I asked for San Antonio station information earlier in the week, and got a response or two; you can look in there if you want (titled 'San Antonio station', or something close to that. (If I knew how to link the thread to here, I would, but, don't have time to try to figure it out now). I am also traveling the Eagle from St Louis to San Antonio on Friday, so, I would be happy to provide more information about San Antonio at that time.

I am also traveling the Eagle from St Louis to San Antonio on Friday, so, I would be happy to provide more information about San Antonio at that time.
It would be great if you could provide also some information about the TE and especially the current Dining Car Menu.

Have a nice trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back