Chicago Style (Amtrak Gangnam Style Parody)

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. You might think the Michigan folks would be trying to attract people to THEIR state, not to Illinois. But I understand

the idea is ultimately to get more people to ride the trains, and yeah...Chicago's a bigger draw than Detroit or Grand Rapids.

The more Michigan residents take the train to Chicago, the more they can justify the HSR (and this is a good thing). Michigan acknowledges Chicago is a big draw for Michigan residents, so why not suggest riding Amtrak? If the ridership increases, that will help Michigan add/improve routes (I'm thinking, hopefully).

I think maybe some folks are taking this little video a little too seriously. Seriously.
Ditto! ;) The old saying about "change the channel or turn it off" seems to apply to U-Tube Videos also!And wonder how many Members have noticed your new "Handle" and Avatar Chris? ^_^
I've never participated in a forum that allowed display name changes before this one. I think this handle allows newer folks to see where I'm coming from in my posts. Outside of AU I'm generally pro-Amtrak, but since that view is already extremely well represented here I'm willing and able to take the role of the anti-Amtrak contributor. Amtrak is the sort of business that's easy to have a love-hate relationship with. On the one hand Amtrak is chock full of promise and potential, but on the other hand it often fails to live up to other passenger rail systems that came before or since. In any case the signature was left alone. I would think that should be enough to make the connection obvious.

I've never participated in a forum that allowed display name changes before this one.
Many forums do, although by no means do all forums allow it. And even if the Admin's of a forum don't allow the user to do it, most Admin's will honor such a request from the user.

Here at AU, only those in the "Members" Group are allowed to make the change on their own; it's one of the perks for being an active participant here.

I think maybe some folks are taking this little video a little too seriously. Seriously.
Ditto! ;) The old saying about "change the channel or turn it off" seems to apply to U-Tube Videos also!And wonder how many Members have noticed your new "Handle" and Avatar Chris? ^_^
I noticed it immediately. And I must say your new handle fits perfectly! (And just to be clear on this, I don't mean it in a negative way!)

I've never participated in a forum that allowed display name changes before this one. I think this handle allows newer folks to see where I'm coming from in my posts. Outside of AU I'm generally pro-Amtrak, but since that view is already extremely well represented here I'm willing and able to take the role of the anti-Amtrak contributor. Amtrak is the sort of business that's easy to have a love-hate relationship with. On the one hand Amtrak is chock full of promise and potential, but on the other hand it often fails to live up to other passenger rail systems that came before or since. In any case the signature was left alone. I would think that should be enough to make the connection obvious.
Also, one can go on your profile page, click on "Display Name History" under user tools, and see any former names that you've had.

I was finally able to watch the video (I normally cruise AU at work). I loved it! The conductor did a really good job mimicking the dance from the video, and I loved all the shots of Chicago. I wish they'd shown more of Union Station and the trains, though.

The shot on the Ledge was great. :)

I like how Flyertalk handles it: Someone who has changed their username is given a "formerly known as" designation

under their new username. Thus you can update your username to reflect a new location or favorite airline, etc, but

you're less able to obfuscate your past. (Not implying that TS/DA is trying to do that)

The more Michigan residents take the train to Chicago, the more they can justify the HSR (and this is a good thing). Michigan acknowledges Chicago is a big draw for Michigan residents, so why not suggest riding Amtrak? If the ridership increases, that will help Michigan add/improve routes (I'm thinking, hopefully).
Absolutely!

As a native Chicagoan, the proximity of my home town was one of the biggest factors in moving to Michigan.

The train had nothing to do with it because I had no idea how convenient, easy, and fun it was to take the train to the *City* but, now that I know, it's my #2 reason to live here next to the proximity to the shore of Lake Michigan.

Honestly, thanks to my daughter making the suggestion of me taking the train to Dallas to visit her and investigating, then finding this place (thank you to all of you!) and becoming a train fanatic and then traveling more in one year than I have in the past 10 years (in all honesty, I worked 6 days a week)... anything that excites people about the train has a thumbs up from me.

Yay for positive fun stuff and yay for Michigan stepping up and seeing an opportunity.

BTW, nice name change DA. :)

I watched the vid again, without the sound, I definitely liked the locations.

Question, is that business class on a Horizon car at the beginning? It sorta looks like it from what I have seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back