Chicago Union Station

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warbonnet

Service Attendant
Guys,

I'm arriving Chi on Empire Builder #8 in a few weeks. When I get to Chi, I need to find a ride to hotels around Midway Airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle service that runs between Chicago Union Station and Midway? How far a distance is that? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Wb

try the CTA, @ www.transitchicago.com I think they have a bus to midway, and possibly a train.

peter

Edit: actually, the orange line goes to midway. you can walk a couple bloks, get on an orange line train in the loop and get over there. if you have alot of baggae you might consider getting a cab or talking to the hotel about a pick-up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys,
I'm arriving Chi on Empire Builder #8 in a few weeks. When I get to Chi, I need to find a ride to hotels around Midway Airport. Does anyone know of a shuttle service that runs between Chicago Union Station and Midway? How far a distance is that? Thanks in advance for your inputs.

Wb
Coincidentally I'm staying at the Hampton Inn at Midway in October. They offer free shuttle service both to and from the Orange Line and Midway airport.

Coincidentally I'm staying at the Hampton Inn at Midway in October. They offer free shuttle service both to and from the Orange Line and Midway airport.
Is it a regular, on the half hour thing, etc, or do you have to call them to come get you, if you know??

Is it a regular, on the half hour thing, etc, or do you have to call them to come get you, if you know??
As of right now I really don't know but will call and find out.
Well I guess we got an education in the phone call I just made directly to the Hampton Inn. When I first made the reservation I was told that the shuttle went both to Midway and the Orange Line. (Perhaps I misunderstood and assumed it went to two different stops.) I just got off the phone with Raul who stated that the shuttle ran on demand to Midway and that you could walk to the Orange Line which he said was only a five minute walk. Not being from Chicago maybe we can get someone to verify this.

Well I guess we got an education in the phone call I just made directly to the Hampton Inn. When I first made the reservation I was told that the shuttle went both to Midway and the Orange Line. (Perhaps I misunderstood and assumed it went to two different stops.) I just got off the phone with Raul who stated that the shuttle ran on demand to Midway and that you could walk to the Orange Line which he said was only a five minute walk. Not being from Chicago maybe we can get someone to verify this.
I can confirm that the CTA Orange line serves Midway directly. The walk from the arrivals or departures area where a Hampton Inn shuttle is likely to drop off or pick up is about 5 minutes from the platform where the Orange line trains arrive and depart.

Cheers,

David Z

Chicago, IL

Jay - I have made that walk a number of times from Midway May doors (Pick up and Drop off Area) to the Orange Line Terminal, and back. About 5 minutes, but there are some escalators you have to use,
I have also walked from Midway to the HI. 10 minutes?? Maybe.

Jay - I have made that walk a number of times from Midway May doors (Pick up and Drop off Area) to the Orange Line Terminal, and back. About 5 minutes, but there are some escalators you have to use,
I have also walked from Midway to the HI. 10 minutes?? Maybe.
I'm elated to see a home town boy give us the right scoop. Thank you sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back