Children in Diner

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fin

My husband and I will be traveling this weekend on the Silver Star with our grandchildren, ages 9&7. We have 2 roomettes. Can our children order off of the adult menu in the diner or must they order the kids meal?

I would say they could....from the AMTRAK web site.... http://www.amtrak.co...d=1241305537990

Children

The children's menu includes scrambled eggs or French toast for breakfast with hot dogs, pizza, griddled cheese sandwich, chicken tenders and meatballs with penne pasta available for both lunch and dinner. Children can also order from the regular menu as well.

Tumbleweed's link is probably definitive. But, would a 7-year old really want a flatiron steak instead of mac and cheese? Enjoy the trip with your grandchildren, as you will have a great time with them.

I would say they could....from the AMTRAK web site.... http://www.amtrak.co...d=1241305537990

Children

The children's menu includes scrambled eggs or French toast for breakfast with hot dogs, pizza, griddled cheese sandwich, chicken tenders and meatballs with penne pasta available for both lunch and dinner. Children can also order from the regular menu as well.

Tumbleweed's link is probably definitive. But, would a 7-year old really want a flatiron steak instead of mac and cheese? Enjoy the trip with your grandchildren, as you will have a great time with them.
Heh heh, maybe daddy wants 2 steaks and the kiddo gets the side dishes. :p

Children

Sure, some kids might.

My husband and I will be traveling this weekend on the Silver Star with our grandchildren, ages 9&7. We have 2 roomettes.
May I also suggest that you pull down the upper bunks as soon as you get settled into your roomettes. It makes a great place for the kids to use as a "tree fort" or play area, during your journey. Even with the bunk down, there is still plenty of headroom left for the adults to sit quietly in their chairs.

[Tumbleweed's link is probably definitive. But, would a 7-year old really want a flatiron steak instead of mac and cheese? Enjoy the trip with your grandchildren, as you will have a great time with them.

both of mine would when they were 7. They have always eaten well and not lived on mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, or pizza. I get annoyed when out with some of their friends and they whine because there is nothing they like because they don't ever branch out from the kids menus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back