Chocolate Mousse

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

benjibear

Conductor
First, meal on our trip I got the cheese cake. It was good but nothing out of the ordinary cheesecake. Then I tried the triple chocolate mousse and got addicted.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it on the Chief a few months ago. The best Amtrak dessert ever!

You say that like it was a good thing! I have heard of chocalate ants, but chocolate mouse takes it to a completely new level...

I really hope there is no way to edit headlines or my post won't make sense in about 15 minutes because I know Benji can get rid of the evidence in the body of his post. LOL!

You say that like it was a good thing! I have heard of chocalate ants, but chocolate mouse takes it to a completely new level...

I really hope there is no way to edit headlines or my post won't make sense in about 15 minutes because I know Benji can get rid of the evidence in the body of his post. LOL!
Just speculation on my part but he probably, and understandably, made the subconcious association between cheese (as in cheesecake) and mouse. :p

Sorry - I edited the original and the topic to reflect the correct spelling of mousse.

Sorry - I edited the original and the topic to reflect the correct spelling of mousse.
What a wonderful service! Do you also correct grammar? :lol

I believe the Mouses/Teramisue started on Acela Express First Class and Amtrak then decided to put them on LD trains because of positive reviews. Was it in a Square plastic cup?

Alas, the mousse has already disappeared from the CS, but it has been replaced by a new version of the chocolate bundt cake from years past. Quite good, especially when warmed up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the Mouses/Teramisue started on Acela Express First Class and Amtrak then decided to put them on LD trains because of positive reviews. Was it in a Square plastic cup?
You are correct! It first appeared on Acela FC, before spreading to the LD's. It travels well and requires minimal prep work and people love it. I like it!

Since it first appeared a few years ago it has come and gone on Acela FC many times as they cycle the menus. They are trying to provide variety and so they keep mixing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back