Christmas Eve on the Silver Meteor

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meat Puppet

Lead Service Attendant
On the Silver Meteor right now runnning about 1 hour behind. Will try and get an exterior shot of my room in Orlando.

train141_zps631bb771.jpg

I have at times received a small bottle of champagne from the SCA when I ride Amtrak first class. But nothing like the setup in this photo!

Enjoy your trip. Are you on the Silver Meteor or Silver Star? I thought you were taking the Star. If so, I will wave when you pass through Orlando. It is a bit cool here (but not for northerners) so my windows are not open, but I can usually hear the horn with the windows closed. I hope you enjoyed your short stay in Florida.

If you had a longer layover in Orlando, I would stop by for a drink. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are on 92, you are passing within a mile of my apt. right now. I am waving. I hope you enjoy your festive trip.

train142_zpsc65656f5.jpg
[/url]Im on the Meteor penny just left winter park. Here's the outside pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not according to Dixieland you're not. 98 is somewhere in South Carolina, 92 left Winter Park 10 minutes ago as of this post...

I must be delusional from driving so much. Im on 92.....
I-95 will do that to you. You should be happy you were not driving today. I-95 was closed for 13 hours in Flagler County due to a tanker accident/explosion.

Hey Meat Puppet, i absolutely LOVE, ADORE your set up and the pictures!!!! Very classy and absolutely a Christmas Holiday gem. This brought a smile to my face for the first time in 3 days, which has been grimm looking lately. But your shot of the lights, computer yule log, and the wine n' tequilla and the Viewliner environment just resurrected my smile and my eyes became alive again.

Have a great and safe journey, and i don't know whether or not you got some company, but you'll never be lonely on Amtrak! There are lots of other people riding with you, and of course there's us here at AU!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of us, let's have faith in a better 2014.

Very, very cool!!! Thank you for sharing! Have a wonderful ride and a great time in Florida!

It was -4F and a mini-blizzard on my deck last night in suburban Chicago!!

Have a drink in the Miami evening breeze for all of us up here in the deep freeze!

Hey Meat Puppet, i absolutely LOVE, ADORE your set up and the pictures!!!! Very classy and absolutely a Christmas Holiday gem. This brought a smile to my face for the first time in 3 days, which has been grimm looking lately. But your shot of the lights, computer yule log, and the wine n' tequilla and the Viewliner environment just resurrected my smile and my eyes became alive again.

Have a great and safe journey, and i don't know whether or not you got some company, but you'll never be lonely on Amtrak! There are lots of other people riding with you, and of course there's us here at AU!!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of us, let's have faith in a better 2014.
Thanks, glad you like it

Back