Christmas Menu on the Silvers

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what the turkey dinner looked like on the CS on Christmas night. It was very good; good enough that I had it again the next evening.

1536509_10201817928544756_1767093411_n.jpg

That does sound good! Now, I see the plates appear to be china. Is actual china plates returning to Amtrak long distance, instead of the wafer thin plastic junk?

That does sound good! Now, I see the plates appear to be china. Is actual china plates returning to Amtrak long distance, instead of the wafer thin plastic junk?
I was on the CL 4 times in last 3 months - china plates and real coffee mugs each time.

That's the same xmas dinner I had on SWC. Very tasty. AAMOF all the food was satisfying and seemed an improvement. The one exception maybe being the lunch caesar salad in ppc on 14.
I just had the Caesar salad on 14. I ordered it with some trepidation after reading your comment. I've had better in fancy restaurants, but really, I thought that it was quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are only on selected routes including the EB, CS & CL. On the other trains I believe you still find the wafer thin plastic junk.

Is that a real ceramic Amtrak plate, it is being served on?
Technically it's not.

Amtrak uses Corelle "china" which is glass, not ceramic.

As mentioned above, the china is still used on three "enhanced service" routes (Coast Starlight, Capitol Limited and Empire Builder) that still have two people in the kitchen. The rest of Amtrak's long distance routes still use plastic plates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back