Christmas Tree Train

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This little railroad is in my area, and is a favored location for movie and TV filming.
That one, Daddy!

Also, Fillmore & Western Railway

I think the track comprises the original Southern Pacific route into Los Angeles. There is occasional talk of extending Metrolink service out there, but it would require major roadbed upgrades.
Mahalo for this Whooz, this was sorta how we got ours as i grew up in the east coast. As a young one those were hard to cut but fun.

Aloha

This little railroad is in my area, and is a favored location for movie and TV filming.
That one, Daddy!

Also, Fillmore & Western Railway

I think the track comprises the original Southern Pacific route into Los Angeles. There is occasional talk of extending Metrolink service out there, but it would require major roadbed upgrades.
Mahalo for this Whooz, this was sorta how we got ours as i grew up in the east coast. As a young one those were hard to cut but fun.

Aloha
As a tyke in L.A. we used to go down to the freight yards every year and pick a tree practically right off a train. Boxcars full of them being unloaded. Pick one, pay, a guy would nail a wooden stand to it, tie it to the car, and off we went. The trees looked pretty funny on the roof of our VW Bug.

Back