City of New Orleans Consist

• Thread starter Guest_Fan_Trains
  • Start date
Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Guest_Fan_Trains

What is the Consist of the City Of New Orleans?

I forget if there was a Transition Sleeper or just a regular Sleeping Car or one or the other. Typically though:

P-42

Heritage Baggage

Superliner Sleeping Car

Superliner Dining Car

Superliner Lounge Car

Superliner Coach

Superliner Coach

There is usually a trans/dorm. Plus there is usually a sleeper on the back and at least one more coach than Amfleet mentioned. This train runs through as the Empire Builder, so they need the extra equipment.

AlanB said:
There is usually a trans/dorm. Plus there is usually a sleeper on the back and at least one more coach than Amfleet mentioned. This train runs through as the Empire Builder, so they need the extra equipment.
The Empire Builder no longer links with the City of NOL anymore I believe.

Amfleet said:
AlanB said:
There is usually a trans/dorm.  Plus there is usually a sleeper on the back and at least one more coach than Amfleet mentioned.  This train runs through as the Empire Builder, so they need the extra equipment.
The Empire Builder no longer links with the City of NOL anymore I believe.
Even if it doesn't run through, there still has to be a trans/dorm on the train, if they are selling the bedrooms in the dorm. :)

Sometimes (as was the case when the City derailed a few weeks ago) they will use a Standard sleeper to pinch hit for the dorm. There are still enough rooms for the crew and paying passengers thanks to 4 extra standard rooms downstairs and Deluxe rooms upstairs. It does become a pain for the Conductor working the bags since he'll have to climb up the side of the bag car to work it at every stop, and have things organized before the train departs (or just ride the engine).

I see #58 several times per week, and the consist usually looks something like this.....

P42

Baggage Car

Superliner Transition Sleeper

Superliner Slepper

Superliner Sleeper

Superliner Dining Car

Superliner Sightseer Lounge

Superliner Coach

Superliner Coach

Sometimes you'll see an extra P42 up front, and during busy days you can see an extra coach and sleeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back