Club Acela in WAS

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Amtrak839

Lead Service Attendant
We're taking the regional in coach up to NYP tomorrow to connect to the LSL. We have a sleeper on 49. Can we use the Club Acela in DC or just in NYP? Hoping we can use it in DC because the train is going to be packed with Capitals fans headed to NY for game 3, and being able to use the CA would make boarding less of a hassle. Thanks!

You'll have to show both your Regional tickets & the LSL tickets, but yes, you can gain access to the lounge. Last I knew however, they didn't allow direct boarding for Regional trains, meaning that you'd have to return to the main waiting area just before boarding. I would confirm with the agent how you have to board, if they don't tell you that up front.

If they do indeed confirm that you cannot board directly from the lounge, ask for a Red cap that way you'll avoid the line and get dibs on seats.

I was able to board a Regional train from the Acela lounge in DC. The attendant told me to go to the West door

fifteen minutes before departure time and I would be told the track number. There were three of us boarding,

and we were able to board the train prior to the regular coach passengers.

I was able to board a Regional train from the Acela lounge in DC. The attendant told me to go to the West door

fifteen minutes before departure time and I would be told the track number. There were three of us boarding,

and we were able to board the train prior to the regular coach passengers.
Was that recent?

Alan,

This occurred last November. I had been on the Capitol Limited from Chicago connecting to

the Regional train to NYP.

Thanks! :)

That's more recent than the reports that I had seen where people were forced to go back to the main gates to board. So hopefully someone in DC figured out how silly that policy was and has fixed things to allow boarding from the lounge.

Another dumb policy that I wish DC would get rid of is the need to check the tickets of those boarding from the lounge. You can't get into the lounge unless you have a ticket or happen to be a frequent traveler. So the odds are good that you both know what you're doing and what train your on. No need to slow everyone down by checking tickets a second time.

Thanks! :)

That's more recent than the reports that I had seen where people were forced to go back to the main gates to board. So hopefully someone in DC figured out how silly that policy was and has fixed things to allow boarding from the lounge.

Another dumb policy that I wish DC would get rid of is the need to check the tickets of those boarding from the lounge. You can't get into the lounge unless you have a ticket or happen to be a frequent traveler. So the odds are good that you both know what you're doing and what train your on. No need to slow everyone down by checking tickets a second time.
Alan: Last Time I Boarded from the CA in WAS, (Catching the CL for CHI in Coach)) they Didnt Check Tickets and the Coach Pax that were catching my Train were taken to the Escelator with the Sleeper Pax by the Attendant in the Lounge! Didnt even have my Ticket Checked until I was Actually on the Train ( it was a Very Light Load in Coach) and the AC came by as We Rolled through Rockville! This was in Nov. also!

Of Course YMMV!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim,

Yeah, they never check tickets coming out of the CA for the LD's; just the Acela's and Regionals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back