Coast Starlight #14 Delayed in Salem

Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum

Help Support Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pdxjim

Service Attendant
Coast Starlight #14 (4) arrived Salem and stayed there for long time due to assault on board.

Station agent in Portland told my son they were treating the train as a crime scene and he is now being bussed from Portland to Tacoma.

Jim in PDX

Geez, that's twice this week. On 14(2), Dispatch had to summons the Albany police to meet the Starlight on account of a married couple who were fighting so ferociously that there were concerns of domestic violence breaking out. Both were removed from the train before we could get back on our way.

Geez, that's twice this week. On 14(2), Dispatch had to summons the Albany police to meet the Starlight on account of a married couple who were fighting so ferociously that there were concerns of domestic violence breaking out. Both were removed from the train before we could get back on our way.

Are you ever gonna get off the Rails? LOL Seems like the CS has it's Cast Of Characters! It is Special, though!!!

RF

Are you ever gonna get off the Rails? LOL Seems like the CS has it's Cast Of Characters! It is Special, though!!!

RF
I've been learning a lot out there during this sabbatical on the rails. I agree that the CS seems to have more than its fair share of "interesting" characters. One common denominator seems to be overindulgence in alcohol and the inability to handle it. Recalling the last three ruckuses occurring on trains I've been aboard, all of them involved boozed up passengers acting like a**holes. I do appreciate "railroad justice" where zero-tolerance conductors promptly remove these knuckleheads, but it goes without saying that they should have known better than to become belligerent in the first place. Conductors shouldn't have to babysit imbibers!

Assault delays train 6 hours is misleading. The train was already 3 and a half hours late when it got there.
And furthermore it arrived PDX "only" 5 hrs, 18 minutes late. So even the 6-hour figure, regardless of the cause, is inaccurate. I'd say the headline is not simply misleading, it is factually incorrect. Never mind the facts, TV stations like to amp up the drama.

[To clarify, it's the headline on the article linked to above that is incorrect, not the thread title.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back